Terms and Conditions
Scope - These conditions apply to and govern all contracts for the supply of goods by Brimark Signs Limited t/as Simplefix ("the company") to any other person ("the customer") and shall prevail over any inconsistent terms or conditions contained or referred to in the Customer-s Order or in correspondence or elsewhere and any conditions or stipulations to the contrary are hereby excluded and extinguished. No variation, waiver or addition to these terms shall be valid unless previously agreed in writing by the company.
Quotations - Quotations and tenders by the company shall not constitute offers and the company reserves the right to withdraw or amend the same at any time prior to acceptance of the customer-s order. A quotation remains valid for 30 days from the date of its instigation. This period may be extended at the discretion of the company.
Prices - Unless otherwise specified in the contract prices shall be those ruling at the time of dispatch and the company shall have the right to revise quoted prices to take account of any change in rates of duty, carriage, freight or insurance and raw material cost. Unless otherwise stated prices are exclusive of VAT at the prevailing UK rate.
All promotions are subject to availability and while stocks last. We reserve the right to end a promotion at any time.
Terms of Payment - All prices are quoted including VAT. The price stated in the sale contract in all cases is exclusive of the cost of packaging/packing and transportation, which shall be identified separately on the invoice and payable by the buyer. All goods must be paid for before despatch.
Delivery - a) Delivery shall be deemed to have been effected upon delivery by the company to the carrier named by the customer or other carrier for transport to that destination. In cases of prices being quoted ex-works delivery shall be deemed to have been effected upon notification to the customer that the goods are available for collection. The company retains the absolute right to select the method and route of carriage of the goods.
- b) Delivery dates mentioned on any quotation or acceptance or elsewhere are approximate only and not of contractual affect. Time is not of the essence of the contract so far as regards delivery dates nor shall the Company in any event be under any liability to the Customer in respect of any delay in delivery.
- c) In the case of sales not involving carriage by sea or air the risk in the goods shall pass to the customer on delivery in accordance with these conditions. As from the time of delivery the company shall not be liable for any loss, damage or deterioration of the goods from whatever cause arising. If the company is to deliver to an independent carrier for onward carriage to the end place of delivery to the final customer, delivery shall be deemed to be the delivery of the goods to the buyer when delivery to the independent carrier takes effect. The independent carrier will stand in the shoes of the end buyer.
- d) refusal by the customer to take deliveries at the specified times will relieve the company from the obligation to make further deliveries without prejudice to the company-s right to recover damages for such refusal.
e) In the event of non-delivery, claims must be sent in writing to the carrier and to the company within 5 days of the date of the company-s advice note or invoice or other notification of dispatch.
Inspection - Any testing and /or inspection required under the contract shall be carried out at the company-s works or such other place or places as the company may appoint and shall be accepted as final by both parties.
Insurance - In any case where the customer wishes the company to insure any specific consignment of goods the customer must so advise the company in writing within 5 working days prior to delivery quoting the full value to be insured and the premium chargeable for such insurance shall be paid by the customer.
Infringement of Third Party Rights - the customer shall indemnify and keep indemnified the company against all damages costs and expenses which may be incurred by and for which the company may become liable as a result of carrying out any work required to be done in accordance with the requirement or specification of the customer involving an infringement of the copyright or rights in a patent or in any other intellectual property of any other person firm or company.
a) The company shall not be liable for any defects in the quality, nature or condition of the goods or for any failure of the goods to comply with any specification or for any shortage in quantity delivered unless a claim in writing shall have been lodged with the company by the customer within 24 HOURS of delivery of the goods.
- b) in the event of any defect, failure or shortage as aforesaid which is duly notified to the company in accordance with this condition the company shall replace free of charge any goods found to be defective by reason of faulty material or workmanship provided, that as a condition thereof the company may require that the goods or materials concerned are returned to the company-s works carriage paid within one week of discovery of the defect and the company shall make good any such shortage.
- C) subject to the foregoing all conditions and warranties implied by statute common law or otherwise as to the quality or fitness for purpose of the goods are excluded. Furthermore the company shall be under no liability to the customer for any loss, damage or injury direct or indirect resulting from the defective material, faulty workmanship or otherwise howsoever arising out of the contract and whether or not caused by the negligence of the company, it-s servants or agents, subject to the inspection clause above. In addition, the company-s responsibility will be limited to the replacement of the materials concerned only.
Licenses and Consents - If any license or consent of any government or other authority shall be required for the purchase of the goods the customer shall obtain such license and if necessary or so required produce evidence of the same to the company on demand.
Force Majeure - The company shall not be liable for any loss or damage which may be suffered by the customer as a direct or indirect result of the company delaying in or being prevented from carrying out its obligations under the contract by reason of an act of God, riot, strike, lock-outs, trade disputes, or labour disturbances, accident, breakdown of plant or machinery, fire, flood, difficulty in obtaining workmen, materials or transport or any act of terrorism other circumstances whatsoever outside the control of the company.
Waiver - The failure on the part of either party to the contract to exercise or enforce any rights conferred by the contract shall not be deemed to be a waiver of any such right nor operate so as to bar the exercise or enforcement thereof at any time or times thereafter.
Notices - Any notice required to be given hereunder in writing shall be deemed to have been duly given if sent by pre-paid first class post, telex or addressed to the party concerned at its principal place of business or last known address.
Governing Law and Arbitration - The contract shall be governed by and construed and interpreted in accordance with the laws of England.
Title to Goods - Title to goods supplied passes to the customer upon payment.
Data Protection - Any information held either electronically or in paper form will be maintained solely at the company-s premises and not supplied to any third party other than members of Brimark Signs Limited t/as Simplefix
Material - The following material is prohibited, either posting to or from this website.-
Threatening, defamatory, obscene, indecent, seditious, offensive, pornographic, abusive, liable to incite racial hatred, discriminatory, menacing, scandalous, inflammatory, blasphemous, in breach of confidence, in breach of privacy or which could cause annoyance or inconvenience;
- For which you do not have the necessary licences, permission and/or approvals;
- Which may constitute or encourage conduct that would be considered a criminal offence, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise be contrary to the law of or infringe the rights of any third party, in the UK or any other country in the world; or
- Which is technically harmful (including, without limitation, computer viruses, harmful components, corrupt data or other malicious software or harmful data).
- We are duty bound to hand any photos of a dubious nature to the relevant authorities.